At the Grilled Cheese Academy, the name of the sandwich is almost as important as the ingredients. A good sandwich name evokes a mood, theme or particular style that matches the taste and appearance of the recipe. For example, the winning entry in the 2012 Grilled Cheese Recipe Contest was named The Bewitching by creator Ally Phillips to describe the alluring nature of the blackberries, dark leafy greens and oozing Wisconsin provolone and gouda.
To give you some practice for the 2014 Grilled Cheese Recipe Showdown – and a chance to win a Wisconsin Cheese prize package – we are holding a Name That Grilled Cheese contest through our Instagram account!
How to Enter:
- Follow the Wisconsin Cheese Instagram feed, Instagram.com/WisconsinCheeseTalk.
- Leave a comment on the Instagram image that says “Hello, My Name Is ______” with your most creative sandwich name.
- A Wisconsin Cheese basket valued at $50
- A Grilled Cheese Academy apron
- A full-color printed copy of The 2013 Grilled Cheese Recipe Showdown Book of Champions
- A spatula ideal for flipping grilled cheese
- Entrants must be 18+ and U.S. residents.
- Entries are limited to one per household.
- One entry will be chosen as the most creative and best-fitting entry.
- Giveaway ends on Sunday, May 4 at 5 p.m. EST.
- The winner will be announced on May 5.
- Revisit the Instagram post after May 5 to see if you have won.